Monday 5 August 2013

It has been a busy weekend for wildlife, lots of butterflies and dragonflies visiting.
Then I looked out and spotted this little lovely wandering across the garden. Of course being me the first thing I do is run to grab my camera. While taking this picture I could hear a rustling in the flower beds and on closer inspection spotted another 2 babies. As it was very warm I went in to fill a bowl of water for them. When I got back and was looking for somewhere to put the water I found that I now had 5 baby hedgehogs all snuggled together!

For the rest of the afternoon I watched out of the window as they wandered about, getting a little concerned that there was no mother hedgehog to look after them. After a few hours I called for advice and was asked if I could catch them and take them to the rescue centre. This entailed having to cut back the bramble bush and lots of help from my hubby.
After catching them, they have now been checked out and are in good health and will be looked after till they are big enough to look after themselves x

No comments:

Post a Comment