Saturday 31 August 2013

End of the holidays.

Here we are at the end of August and the end of the summer holidays, back to work next week!
I decided to book my holiday away in the last week of the summer break so I had something to look forward to, although it also meant that I seemed to wish the other weeks away.


So off we headed to Berwick Upon Tweed, my favourite childhood destination. This was where I went for my first holidays as a child and where I love to visit with my own children. I am not one for sitting around while on holiday, and I have to admit I can't cope with heat of foreign holidays so for me this is the perfect spot.

 
 
I love taking a walk along the river. We were lucky that the weather stayed fine so we could take in the sights, watching the fish jumping out of the water and the fishermen as they set out their nets.
 
 
 
 
 
Another of my favourite walks is along the cliffs and down onto the beach. Berwick has some fabulous stretches of beach which are filled with crevices and rock pools to explore.

 
 
No matter how old you get you can still get excited by the wildlife to be found in rock pools.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 



Unfortunately the holiday passed quickly and I soon found myself packing up and setting off for the train journey home.
 Now I am busy trying to get all the washing done, and make sure everything is ready for school/college/work next week.


 
 
So September is here tomorrow - wonder what fun this month has in store?

No comments:

Post a Comment