Wednesday 14 August 2013

I can't believe we are already half way through the summer holidays. Especially as I haven't managed to do half of the things I planned.
Yesterday however we did go on our annual summer outing to York. I have taken my children every summer for the last 12 years. After leaving the train station our first calling place was the Yorkshire Wheel, how better to see the great views of the area?
 I had hoped for a little trip to Bettys but with a huge queue and 3 hungry teenagers it didn't happen but I did get a very tasty lunch in the Slug and Letttuce.

Of course if you are a crafty soul like myself, a trip to York is not complete without a visit to Duttons for Buttons. So many pretty things to choose from!
I ended up treating myself to some rather pretty buttons and a new bag to keep my projects in (any excuse), and have spent this afternoon personalising it.
It is almost ready to be filled with lovely yarn. I'm busy making a pretty multi-coloured scarf, trying to prolong the summer flowers. I think I am about half way through making the pretty blooms.

No comments:

Post a Comment