Friday 17 August 2018

Finding Fairies

So many people loved the angel wings which I previously posted the pattern for, I have decided to share some more of the wings that I have created for my fairies. 
When I began I wasn't sure whether to make dresses with wings on, or put the wings on the doll. I decide to put them on the dolls  (you can see this on my other page A wander with the fairies ), apart from Mabel (all my fairies get named) so she can model the different styles.

Today I have chosen these delicate wings, which are quick and simple to make and look beautiful on dolls or teddy bears alike, or simply strung with some ribbon and hung as a decoration.


For these wings I have used Stylecraft special dk and a 3.5mm hook. 
You can make the wings larger or smaller by changing your yarn or hook.

R1 ) Magic ring, 6dc
R2 ) 2dc in each st, slst to join   12dc
A (first side of wings)
R3 ) ch3, 1tr in same st, 2tr in next 3 st, ch1, turn.
R4 ) 1htr in first st, 2htr, 1htr, 2htr, ch1, turn.
R5 ) miss 2st, 7tr in next st, miss 2st, slst in last st. finish
Rejoin yarn in 5th st of R4
R4 ) ch2,2tr in next st, 2tr,1tr, ch1, turn,
R5 ) miss 2st, 7th in next st, miss 2st, slst in last st. finish
B (second side of wings)
R3 ) miss 2 st from last st worked in this round rejoin yarn, ch3, 1tr in same st, 2tr in next 3 st, ch2, turn.
R4 ) 2tr in next st, 2tr,1tr, ch1, turn
R5 ) miss 2st, 7tr in next st, miss 2st, slst in last st. finish
R4 ) rejoin yarn , 1htr in same st, 1htr,2htr,1htr,ch1, turn
R5 ) miss 2st, 7tr in next st, miss 2st, slst in last st. finish



I love how dainty these wings look on the fairies.

Please if you make or share these wings please credit me for the pattern.


Remember to keep an eye out for fairies, and believe in the magic of every day.

love Katie x x

1 comment:

  1. titanium easy flux 125 amp welder
    Tagged with simple flux. | Titanium Ingrata in titanium nitride coating service near me the tin - Ti, tube supplier Titanium 2014 ford focus titanium hatchback Easy, Ingrata, citizen super titanium armor Ingrata, Ingrata, microtouch titanium Ingrata. | Titanium Ingrata.

    ReplyDelete