For a long time I have been coming up with my own designs, but never really thought they were good enough.
Yesterday I posted a picture of some angel wings I had designed and the response amazed me and encouraged me to keep going.
Thank you to all you creative people out there who boost each other and help us to feel like what we do is worth it x x
It is down to those people and their kind words that got me to share this pattern.
Use it to remember those you have lost, or spread love to someone in need x
(Please give credit to myself for the pattern when you share pictures of your work, thank you)
I've always been reminded of those we've loved and lost when I see a white feather floating down, it's comforting to think they are watching over us. This inspired me to come up with this angel wings pattern.
I used Stylcraft special dk and a 3.5mm hook, uk terms
Begin by making a ch of 17
- dc in second ch from hook and then to the end, ch1, turn
- dc in next 16st, then work 1dc into the side of the row, ch1, turn
- dc in next 15st , ch1, turn
- dc in next 14st, 2dc in next st,1dc on the side, ch1, turn
- dc in the next 15st
- dc in next 14st, 2dc in next st continue along the side, 2dc, 2xdc, 2dc, then work 6dc along the opposite edge, ch1, turn
- dc in next 7st, 2dc in next 2st, dc in next 3st, 2dc in next st, dc in next 12st, ch1, turn
- dc in next 13st, 2dc in next st, dc in next 5st, 2dc in next st, dc in next 6st, finish
Repeat for the 2nd wing.
If you want to make the hanging decoration, place the two wings together and rejoin the yarn through both wing in the 2nd st from the end of the last 6dd.
Work 5dc through both wings ch20 the join at the top of the 5dc with a slst, finish.
Please feel free to pop by my Facebook page and share your wings with me.
Katie x x