Sunday 26 August 2018

A Frolic of Fairies

Ever since I was a little girl I have loved fairy stories, I have looked for the magic around me, hunting for fairies in nature.






Now I have a love of making my own fairies.

My house is full of fairies, my best friends house is full of fairies, and the fairies are setting out on their own adventures.




My most recent love has been making small fairies to hang in trees. I spotted a picture on Pinterest but there were no written instructions so I came up with my versions.




For each fairy you need 2x8mm beads, 2x10mm beads 1x20mm bead



Begin by making the arms, legs, and body.
Thread the 10mm beads then the 8mm beads onto your yarn.



Begin by starting your first chain with a 8mm bead, ch18 add second 8mm bead, finish. These will be the arms and hands

Start the next chain attaching a 10mm bead, ch60, put your hook though the 21st st from the bead, then through the centre of the arms, wrap yarn around the hook and pull though, ch20 more before adding last bead, finish. sew in ends of yarn.


Dress
 make a magic circle and make 6dc
R1, 2dc in each   (12)
R2, 2dc, 1dc, repeat around    (18)
R3, 2dc, 2xdc, repeat around   (24)
R4, 2dc, 3xdc, repeat around   (30)
R5, 2dc, 4xdc, repeat around   (36)
R6, ch2, dc in next st, repeat around, finish leaving a long tail (this will be used to stich along the arms.
You can change colour at any round or just leave as one colour.

Hat
Make a magic circle and make 6dc
R1, 2dc in each   (12)
R2-4, 1dc in each
R5 1dc 1tr in each st, finish leaving a long tail for attaching to dress and head.

Draw the face on your bead.
Use your hook to pull the loop through the centre of the dress, followed by the bead for the head, then the hat (put through second row, not the centre).
Use the tail on the dress to stich where the sleeves divide, then the tail from the hat to stitch the hat to the back of the dress, then the hat to the loop. This will secure the head from being pulled off.



Although when I first began to make these, they started out as white Christmas fairies, I soon began adding colour to make them more flower like. 
My best friend was so taken by these she has her own frolic of fairies living in her home!



Please let me know if you create your own frolic of fairies x x 

Katie







1 comment:

  1. These are Adorable!! Thank you for sharing. I just found your page today. But I will be back. So many cuties!!

    ReplyDelete