Wednesday 31 October 2018

A crochet Halloween

So today we come to the end of October, and find ourselves at Halloween. 
My memories of Halloween were costumes made from black bin liners , paper hats, and carved turnips (now that took some effort!), there's nothing that reminds me of Halloween more than the smell of burnt turnip.

My own children would dress up as ghosts, witches, or characters from Harry Potter, but the weather was always so cold the costumes would have to be covered by warm coats.
Now that they are all grown up and not needing me to take them trick or treating or stay with them at parties, I have to make do with making costumes for my fairies!


Tonight I shall sit at home and listen for the knocks on the door, and act scared as small children giggle.
Most years we don't get too many visitors, which means I get to eat most of the treats myself.





I wonder what mischief the fairies will get up to tonight?

Happy Halloween

Love Kaie x x x

No comments:

Post a Comment