Sunday 17 November 2013

After having a sort out in my craft cupboard (well one of them) I seem to realise that I have developed a bit of a problem. Yes, I have become addicted to buttons! I can't resist them, I see pretty buttons and I just have to buy them. Sparkly ones, spotty ones, dainty ones, wooden ones, I just can't go into a craft shop without coming out with some buttons.
It all started with my grandma's button jar. As a child I loved to play with the buttons in it, they all seemed so special. I still have some of those gorgeous vintage buttons.
Soon I had my own button jar, then button tin, then tins and jars - I just love buttons.
 
Buttons are something that don't cost a lot (well most of them) and always make me feel happy well I leave with my pretty little packet and think about what I could use them for.
 
 
 
 
However these pictures show that I don't always get round to making all the things I plan to.
I did make myself this pretty hat ( pattern is the McKinley Springtime hat pattern on Ravelry which I just increased in size to fit an adult) and used some of my button collection to decorate it. I love being able to make my own hats so I can make them long enough to cover my ears as I hate buying hats and then finding the don't keep my ears warm.
Well I shall now return to my cup of tea in my button mug, and think of other pretty little things to decorate with all my buttons x x

No comments:

Post a Comment